CELEBRATION OF THE SEA FOUNDATION
INSPIRE | EDUCATE | ENGAGE
The Celebration of the Sea Foundation is a Florida-based 501(c)(3), not-for-profit organization, dedicated to creating resillient communities and producing engaging, entertaining and educational programs for children and families with a specific focus on the world’s oceans and marine habitats. The Foundation’s primary activities are centered around STREAM (Science, Technology, Recreation, Engineering, Arts and Math) career paths for students and are designed to raise public awareness, particularly among children, of both aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems while simultaneously helping to instill a sense of stewardship towards the animals that inhabit them. The Foundation’s programs focus on ways in which each of us can make a positive impact on the environment while placing specific emphasis on the world’s ecological systems. Additionally, emphasis is placed on developing and supporting educational and environmental programs for inner city students and families.
The Celebration Of The Sea Foundation recognizes many fine efforts are presently underway to address growing environmental and community resilliency challenges throughout the world. Individuals as well as private and public organizations continue to make significant positive steps to address these pressing environmental and educational issues every day. Our Foundation’s focus is to work with these groups and individuals; call on their expertise; raise public awareness towards measures which are having a positive impact, and then focus attention on what every one of us can do to improve environmental conditions around the world. Our Foundation believes that once exposed to and subsequently further educated about the mystery and beauty of the natural world around us, people will act more responsibly to preserve and protect the world’s ecosystems and their inhabitants.
• To create resillient communities around the world.
• To promote a sense of global stewardship towards the environment and the living things that inhabit it.
• To produce engaging and educational programs for families, teachers and students.
• To make the world of science, exploration and the arts exciting and interesting to both children and adults.
• To utilize interactive technology and outreach programs to motivate everyone to want to learn about the environment and protect the animals that inhabit it.
To emphasize ENTERTAINMENT, EDUCATION and TECHNOLOGY in the production of the following – all of which promote the theme of community (how all aspects of the environment, including human activity, are intricately related) and all of which strive to motivate people, particularly children, to improve current environmental conditions:
• Major public concerts, festivals and special events
• Educational programs and ancillary support materials for classrooms and families.
• Live and recorded video content for television and social media networks as well as custom apps and web based interactive broadcasts for schools and family home viewing.
• Traveling exhibitions to be showcased at high profile public forums, leading aquariums, maritime centers, museums and entertainment facilities.
• Field expeditions (in-reach/out-reach programs) for students, teachers and families. (Many expeditions have a diving/snorkeling and exploration component).